Friday, March 2, 2012

race



today I made myself laugh out loud on the way home from the preschools. i am a competitive person by nature because I’ve played soccer my whole life and played for two years in college…so it’s just a part of who I am to want to be good at what I do…so every day the preschool supervisors and I ride bikes to the preschools...i noticed today that I really don’t like to follow anyone on a bike... I want to ride beside you or in-front of you…and today was nice because the road and paths we traveled on were relatively flat… I was following my supervisor and he was riding right in the middle of the road…normally I have to follow right behind them because there are so many rocks in the road that I need to stay on the exact path as they do…BUT, today was different…I wanted to ride beside the supervisor not behind him…so I would try to get beside him and he would speed-up…so then I would slow down and try to get on the other side of him…and he would speed-up…so when we were on the home stretch I proceeded to get beside him and say “you want to race?” he looked over at me and started laughing and then we were off…I looked over and could see the determination on his face which of course made me ride like my life depended on it! I’m sure we were a sight because when we got to the entrance of the campus all the bike taxi guys that wait out-front raised to the feet and were staring at us…we finished in a tie and got off our bikes and were both dying laughing…those supervisors are great!

i was very pleased with the teachers that i met today... 5 normally teach at this preschool but currently there is only 3...they were very peppy and wore beautiful smiles the whole time I was there…I gave a lesson on hygiene and integrated the importance of the children washing their hands…I made sure to do this because we gave them  bar of soap  after my lesson was over…we were able to buy this soap  from the money that was given to us for the preschools…the kids had a lot of fun washing their hands…I always try to make games out of everything because at that age normally kid’s attention spans don’t last very long…

washing hands

teacher chopping wood for the children's porridge









No comments:

Post a Comment