Wednesday, April 18, 2012

meeting the families


The preschools were still closed last week so we decided to spend Thursday and Friday visiting the supervisor’s homes and meeting their families. I went with another preschool DI on Wednesday afternoon to Vomba Market to get stuff to make lunch for both days. The DI’s and I had agreed that we would need rice, beans, avocados, tomatoes, onions and, bread for both days. We felt it would be nice to bring stuff so that we could make lunch with the supervisors and their families…the supervisors have become like family to the three of us…we always say that they are our new grandpas’…both days were incredible…we enjoyed being introduce to their families and learning a few cooking tricks as well…the first day we went to Shake’s house….
this was a cool building that we passed on the way to Shake's house

Shake's wife showing us how she cooks beans and tomatoes

Shake's family minus his 14 year old daughter...speaking-of, while we were there a man came up to his house with 6 goats...all the goats started going into Shake's house...I started to walk-over to stop the goats from going-in his house but I looked at him and stopped...after the guy walked away I asked him "why are there goats in your house" he explained to me that they have to keep them in the house or someone will steal them at night...he then showed me the 'goat's bedroom...I asked him where his daughter slept and he pointing to the living room...so I was joking with him that afternoon about him having a bedroom for his goats but not his daughter...

relaxing after a great lunch with the other preschool DI's and Shake's wife

 on Friday we went to Fredison's house and met his beautiful family...

if the world had more Fredison's in it...it would be a much happier place

one of my favorite pastimes in Malawi, sharing stories with each other about our cultures to everyday living

I have been waiting to give these two shirts to two special people in Malawi...Fredison and his wife were the perfect two...my fiance and I are huge rivals when it comes to college sports in the US. I'm a UNC TARHEEL fan and he is a NC STATE fan so we have what you would call a "divided house"

magnificent day...

No comments:

Post a Comment