Saturday, April 21, 2012

Robert Frost describes his courage by saying "... and I— / I took the one less traveled by, / And that has made all the difference." (Frost 18 -20).

i have had what the doctor thinks to be the flu since tuesday...i have been on med's since then and i thought i was starting to feel better...this morning i woke-up feeling better than yesterday but by mid-day i have found myself back in my bed...i have spent the majority of the week in my bed and this morning when i washed my pj's that i have been wearing all week and my sheets i was feeling positive that i was also washing away this sickness...the only positive outcome of this is that my pj's and sheets are clean! i had already planned-on going to the hospital on monday for my last full blood test so if i'm not feeling better by then hopefully the doctor can figure-out what's wrong with me and give me some meds for it...i had hoped i would be able to enjoy my last two weeks here but with one week down and one to go i'm not so sure...i have a really long flight back to the US and hope to be as healthy as possible before i get on that plane!!

i have started writing my final report...i hope to have it finished in the next few days...since i have been in my bed all week i have had some blurred time (because of the medicine i've been taking) to reflect on my experiences here...for some reason my ALL TIME FAVORITE poem popped into my head...it has been my favorite poem for as long as i can remember...


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

...Robert Frost


i  think the reasoning behind this occurrence is the missing puzzle piece we all sometimes struggle to find...to me this poem weighs heavy with truth when making life decisions and to have the courage to be able to be an individual and look back and understand why we made the decisions we did...


No comments:

Post a Comment